having a billion dollar net worth and not knowing the difference between gross profit and net profit?

Sharing to you the simple story (or a joke) shared by Jay Sardeshmukh,  that explains how people can be rich and not know (or feign not to know) apparently simple things ... 

The joke goes like this:

A rich man's limousine almost hits an old man crossing the road.
The man falls down . The rich man gets out and - helps the old man to get up .As he is helping him a smile of recognition crosses the rich mans face.

"Mr Smith!!! . So sorry !!  I am so glad you are unhurt. You really should look both ways!. You may not remember me , but you taught me math in school. I am one of the Murphy boys".


The old man dusts himself off - looks at the huge limo and says.

"I remember you Timothy . I am very glad - you seem to have done very well for yourself.  You had a lot trouble with math and percentages at school. What do you do for a living?"

"Thanks to you sir - I am fortunate.  You taught me well!

 My business is buying and selling.  
I buy for $1 . Sell for $6. and make a small  5% Profit"..

And that's the secret to become rich !!